Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Goodbye 2015. Hello 2016.

I've always thought the new year should start in the spring rather than the middle of winter. You know a fresh start - green grass, flowers blooming, sunny skies... It might be 57* and pouring today, but it was 80* yesterday, say what?!
This scripture is always good to reflect on for the new year, Revelations 21:5, you can get the free printable by clicking here!


Anyway, I have a love hate relationship with the new year...

I love fresh starts, a blank slate, down-sizing, de-cluttering, an empty calendar, planning new adventures, and expecting good things to come.

I hate looking back and realizing all that I didn't accomplish or let slip by me. Right now I'm beating myself up over not getting hired by the real estate agency and not finding any other flexible part-time employment. I am annoyed that I am only into May on the 2015 yearly photo book (and if I'm being completely honest- I haven't made one since 2010s which is pathetic). I always planned to workout/meal plan and I'd do great for a few weeks then fall off the train.  I never take time for myself, I read 4 books all year when I used to knock out 20+. Not to mention for being a SAHM my son is now 14mo old and I have yet to write down anything in his baby book... Just hoping I can remember those milestones, ugh...

How does life always seem to slip by? This year we moved completely across the country, both of our sisters got married, we've hosted family and visited family, we've explored and adventured, we are still looking for a church to "call home," we don't have a solid group of friends yet and that is killing me (thankfully my Hawaii friends understand and are only a phone call/text away), and I haven't braved the base gym yet but I really want to try the stroller aerobics class.

So, for 2016 I've made these 4 goals:
  1. Read at least 1 book each month.
    This should be totally do-able if I just spend 30min of me time before bed each night!
  2. Try 3 new things.
    For example - a fitness class, volunteering, learn to crochet, etc.
  3. Upload the monthly photos to the yearly book by the beginning of the following month.
    So January's photos should be uploaded by February 7th.
  4. Jog 20 miles each month, roughly 5mi per week.
    I hate running, but I know it works and is good for me... *sigh*

I only gave myself 4 because I wanted to follow the S.M.A.R.T. guideline.

S - Specific
M - Measurable
A - Attainable
R - Realistic
T - Timely

Obviously I will continue to do my best to stay in the word, stick with meal-plans/other work-outs, be a present wife & mother, keep up with the household chores, create & maintain quality friendships, etc etc. 

Did you or will you be making goals for 2016? Please share in the comments! Also.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
-Tay

PS: One of my friends, Alyssa, from Home Field Fitness is co-hosting an awesome "Get it Together: 2016" online course. It's FREE but the sign-up deadline is Jan 4th, so click the link now!

No comments:

Post a Comment