Monday, July 13, 2015

Busy bee.

I managed to get the baby to play on his own so I jumped on the computer behind him and started clearing out all those unwanted e-mails and unsubscribing from lists that I probably only joined in order to enter a contest.

I love that my desk directly overlooks the deck in our back yard, as I looked out earlier I noticed this little bug crawling around inside the screen (guess I better check for holes). I couldn't really tell if it was a beetle or spider, then all of a sudden it started flying around. So I leaned in really close to the window to examine, and what do you know - it was a baby bee!

The poor thing has been struggling to get out the entire time I've been sitting here. It made me wonder, how often do we get ourselves into situations without having a "way out" (aka: a back-up plan)? How often do we say "yes" because it seems like the right thing to do even though we really don't have the time or resources to fully invest? How often do we put everyone and everything in front of ourselves?


When I was going through a really bad bout of anxiety my husband bought me this book, 100 Great Ideas to Relax and Reduce Stress. I like all the ideas the book has to offer but I found two great lists inside that I've made into printable cards for you to help implement time management and balance into your life.

Click on the cards to view full-size then right-click and choose"save as" or "print."

Ladies... I'm not advocating being lazy, skirting out of responsibilities, or leaving your husband and kids to fend for themselves (although I know plenty of guys that are great cooks!), what I am saying is make sure you give yourself time to do something you love, something that relaxes you, something that calms you and allows you to refresh... don't overload your schedules just because!

How do you relax, unwind, refresh?
-Tay






No comments:

Post a Comment