Monday, August 10, 2015

Banana Peanut Butter Muffins.

 This past week we ran into two "problems" - squishy bananas & my husband needing some "grab & go breakfast options." The solution - these delicious muffins! I would like to note that if you want to warm them up in the microwave, paper baking cup liners will save you a step of removing them prior to placing in said microwave!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 Banana PB Muffins
gluten free, can be nut free if you sub sunbutter - just be warned this butter turns baked goods green!
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 4 twists on my sea salt grinder
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  •  ½ cup chocolate chips
  • optional: nuts/oats for topping
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Mix eggs in a medium size bowl
3) Add remaining ingredients and use a hand mixer until your batter is smooth and uniform
4) Fold in your chocolate chips  (and/or any other mix-in of choice- raisins, nuts, blueberries, etc)
5) Using a 1/4cup measuring spoon fill cupcake pan slots to 3/4 full (I foil cup lined mine for the first batch, paper for the second and they baked the same)
6) Bake for 15min
7) If you can poke the muffin with your finger and its sponge like, remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10-15min.

Yield: This recipe made us 16 muffins.

*in the original ingredients photo you will see sliced almonds, halfway through making the batter my husband walked in an asked if I could sprinkle them with oats instead, so there's your change!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


Smooth & uniform, no chunks.

Sprinkle on the oats (or nuts, etc.)

Golden and sponge-like to the touch.
Delicious!

They are surprisingly fluffy without having any flour! I laughed when I cut open this muffin for the photo... of course I get one chock-full of chocolate... then some of them have only 1 chip! I also learned my lesson - wait until morning to take the final photo! I cut this one open after I had gotten baby in bed (past 10pm ) and thought "oh I'll just eat half" of course I ate the whole thing and was so uncomfortably full laying in bed reading my book!

We store them in a gallon ziplock bag in the fridge (the second batch is currently in the freezer), and he just grabs one or two on his way out the door in the morning.

Do you have any go-to portable breakfast recipes?
Please share!
-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment