Saturday, February 13, 2016

No-Bake Peanut Butter Hearts



Reese's are like my favorite "candy bars," with PayDay's in a close second... But I also want cleaner ingredients so I found Detoxinista's recipe and used some IKEA silicone ice molds for a spin. You may have all the ingredients in your pantry right now (the only truly "unique" ingredient is coconut flour)! I just made these for my family and neighbors to celebrate Valentine's Day.


Peanut Butter Hearts (or balls/any other mold you have):
Gluten free, vegan
Filling
1/2 cup natural peanut butter, I used chunky because I don't mind the crunch
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut flour
Coating
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp coconut oil

Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together, if you are using molds put a layer in the bottom.
If you aren't using molds...

Combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour together, you can roll into balls/shape hearts and place on waxed paper. Use a fork to dip the balls into chocolate (or just drizzle over the top - you may need more chocolate to completely cover them).

If you did use molds, place the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
You can pop them in the fridge or freezer to speed up the setting process.


I hope you enjoy!
-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment