Tuesday, February 9, 2016

DIY Watercolor Prints

I'm going to come out and say it... Pinterest has made motherhood ridiculous.


Okay, now that that's off my shoulders I have an EASY toddler friendly craft for you. Just be smart and buy washable water colors and know that there will be paint on the baby, the floor, and possibly the wall next to the stairs (I still can't figure that one out, he's a magician I guess).

Here's what you need:
- Cardstock Paper (I actually used thick sketch paper)
- A white crayon
- Washable water color paints
- Thick paint brushes for little hands

Optional: newspaper in attempt to contain the mess!

Steps:
1) Draw your designs on the paper, make sure you have GOOD lighting, especially if you want to go over the same area a couple times to thicken up the design. I did this the night before after I put my son to bed.
2) Set-up your paint station.
3) Wet brush, and dip in paint.
4) Show toddler how to paint the paper.
5) Randomly trade out brushes with new colors.
6) Just go with the mess!

The beauty of these are that you can change the designs for any time of the year... Spring flowers, fall leaves, etc. 

Don't have kids? That just means your watercolor art can be "perfect." Think color gradients, even and matching strokes, non-soaking wet paper, haha!

These Valentine's are on their way to family all over the country (hopefully they already arrived so we don't blow the surprise!), if you make some please share with me either in the comments below or on Instagram by tagging @thedaringdandelion.

Happy painting!
-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment