Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Money Making Without a Job.

It's the new year.
I am still unemployed.
I am not used to this.

My part-time work from home job used to cover:
  • The groceries
  • The fuel for both vehicles
  • "Fun" money (ie: movies, dinner dates, saving up for vacations/trips)
 So I am finding ways to be creative with saving money/making money, three ways I have currently found that are legitimate and actually work (because I am RIGHT there with you, saying "come on, there's got to be a catch!") are the following phone apps:

  1. ibotta
    This app is my favorite so far, probably because the majority of shopping I do is for groceries (although it is NOT just groceries, they have beauty items, home items, etc). We hardly go out to eat so I generally do two grocery store trips a month and one Costco trip every other month. In my first week of grocery shopping I got $10.00 back and that was on everyday items like bananas, carrots, and lettuce.

    How it works:
    - Choose your store
    - Scroll through the rebates and unlock the ones you want
    - Shop
    - Once you get home scan the barcodes of items with them, then scan your receipt for other items (such as produce)
    - Within 24hrs the rebate will be added to your account, although I've never actually waited that long.
    - Once your Ibotta rebate balance reaches $20.00 you can withdrawl via PayPal, Amazon, or choose giftcards (at $25.00).

    Bonus- Right now if you sign-up with my referral code "dxjtxyw" you will receive $5.00 after your first use. It's a New Year, New Member special they are running! I have no idea how long they will offer it for...

    This this sounds easy enough? Head over to ibotta.com to sign-up today.

     
  2. shopkick
    This app is easy as long as you remember to open it when you walk into the stores. I also am not fond of leaving the location settings on all the time, and unfortunately it only has the choice of "always" or "never," so before I go shopping I simply go into my settings and turn it from "never" to "always" and turn it back after I am done. Call me paranoid. Haha!

    How it works:
    - Scroll through the list to see if the store you are going to offers any kicks
    - Many stores offer them just for walking in!
    - Some stores offer additional kicks for scanning items, when this happens my husband and I make it a game to scan them all as fast as possible!
    - The final way to earn kicks are on large items that require a purchase of the item and a scan of the receipt (I have yet to need any of these items, although I was tempted with a delicious looking wine!)
    - Shopkicks require a significant more "kicks" to earn items, however within my first week I nearly reached a $5.00 Target giftcard. There are many giftcards to choose from such as: Walmart, RedBox, Restaurant.com, Starbucks, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Best Buy, etc.
    - They also offer special deal for shopkick users, I saw a 20% off at Old Navy pop up a couple days ago

    Bonus- Right now if you sign up with my referral link: http://get.shopkick.com/chord67137 you will get 50 (or more, they always run special sign-up deals... my husband got 200!) kicks!

    So if you like browsing Target, swing into Walmart often for things you forgot to grab for the kids, or love technology and find yourself in Best Buy often... why not get free stuff just for being there? Sign-up here!
  3.  Receipt Hog
    This app is the EASIEST of the three. Simply snap a photo of ANY receipt. Yep any.

    How it works:
    - Snap a photo of you receipt
    - Earn tickets for the sweepstakes, spins for the slots, and coins towards your reward
    - The lowest reward starts at 1,000 coins for a $5 card (I've currently submit 5 receipts, of which 3 have earned coins, 1 earned spins, and all of them entered me into the sweepstakes)

  4. Bonus- if you sign-up with my code "koy48761" you can get free coins & spins!

    I think the best part about this app is you can use ANY receipt. Your morning Starbucks. The huge grocery receipt you already used for ibotta. Your dinner date from last night. Movies. And more! Sign-up here!


Hope these three apps can make you a little money back doing things you already do!

Are there any other apps you know of that I should download? Please comment with info!
-Tay





*Disclaimer: Tay will receive "bonuses" from these two apps for having you sign up. Once you invite your friends you can earn the same bonuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment