Friday, July 31, 2015

Funfetti Cookie Dough Bites

My husband has been wanting funfetti cake for awhile, but I try my best not to purchased pre-packaged items any more and have been baking from scratch as much as possible. I also have been trying out subbing flours, sugars, oils, etc. in an attempt at being "healthier" with our occasional treats.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funfetti Cookie Dough Bites 
egg & nut free, can easily be made dairy free with milk substitution, and gluten free with flour substitution

  • 15 level tablespoons of whole wheat flour
  • 1/8 + 1/16 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 twists on my sea salt grinder
  • 6 tablespoons coconut oil (melted just to liquid, not hot)*
  • 3/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • confetti sprinkles- amount of your choice, I just eyeballed it
  • small handful of dark chocolate chips
  • 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
  • 3 teaspoons raw sugar
  • 3 teaspoons milk*
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, sea salt, sprinkles, sugars) together in a bowl
3) Add wet ingredients (coconut oil, vanilla, milk) and stir until soft dough forms, similar to play-dough
4) Fold in the chocolate chips (I used my hands)
5) Form into 1/1.5 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet
6) Bake for 8min
7) Remove from oven but let cool on pan for 5min

The recipe made 10 bites for us, we stored the leftovers on the counter in a plastic container. I'm sure you could store them in the fridge or freezer as well. If you wanted them warm just pop them in the microwave for 5-10sec.

*If you aren't a fan of coconut I suggest using a different type of oil or butter as a substitution. My husband and I agreed they were a bit dry and could probably have used a tiny bit more milk, you'll have to play around with to get the consistency you like.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



While they are yummy on their own, I think they would be delicious crumbled over vanilla Greek yogurt or some homemade coconut ice cream!


Do you enjoy trying new recipes? Subbing ingredients? Let me know if you make these and what you think and/or what you changed!
-Tay


This recipe is adapted from ChocolateCoveredKatie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment