Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Fellow Mom.

Today as I was filling out forms at the doctor’s office I glanced up to see this young mother juggling her baby while trying to get formula powder into the bottle (I wish I had noticed earlier - I would have offered to help). The baby kicked, formula went all over her lap, and you could just see the tears well up in her eyes as she put the screaming baby back into the car seat so she could try again. 

I finished my forms and ripped out a notes page from my day planner (yeah, I still use one of those). I quickly wrote down this quote:

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day!” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I also added:
“Keep your head up momma, you’re doing a good job, we’ve all been there. Just try to enjoy that baby. God bless.” - A fellow Mom

I slipped it to her with my heart racing as I was called back to see the doctor. I’m not one to do these kinds of things normally, it makes me super anxious (just ask the nurse who took my vitals - oops my blood pressure was a tad high) but I’ve been reading Lisa Tykuerts’ “The Best Yes” and she takes about God appointments, and I don’t want to miss anymore opportunities to brighten someone’s day.



No comments:

Post a Comment