Friday, December 11, 2015

My Christmas Tour.


I've posted my DIY Christmas Wreath on Instagram, but I figure it would be nice to give you a "mini tour" of my home decor!

The front of my house greets you with bright multi-colored lights, candy canes, and of course the three wise men seeking baby Jesus.
My DIY wreath graces the front door, I used the remaining ribbon to wrap my banister. The centerpiece for my dining table is a mason jar filled with mini scented pine cones, a bit more of the ribbon, a $1 deer, and an apple-spice candle.
The buffet features small decor gifts we have been given over the years, our wood penguin plaque, and my scentsy with the nativity wrap. My mantle is wrapped in garland, LED candles, stuffed snowmen, a driftwood nativity I purchased on our Edenton trip, and the stockings we had made in Hawaii.
The final pieces adorn our bookshelves: German nesting dolls from our trip to the Baltimore Christmas Village, an antique Christmas swing from my grandma's house, an LED glass gift my mom made, then another wood nativity and my Santa nativity (yes I love the nativity, I have a beautiful stained glass one my grandpa made but we couldn't figure out where to put it without risking little man breaking it). The tree is "toddler safe," plastic, wood, and metal ornaments only this year... Maybe our glass & reisin ones can be added back in a few years.

Besides decor, scents make me feel more in the holiday spirit, so I burn a candle nightly. We also watch cheesy Christmas movies often.

How is your house looking?
-Tay

1 comment:

  1. My favorites are the Santa Nativity and the antique swing.

    ReplyDelete